Re: ANN: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing

Hi,

I browsed through the doc and had a quick question.  Consider your example
doc:

  <givenName>Chip</givenName>
  <familyName>Skillet</familyName>
  <address>
    <city>Ithaca</city>
  </address>

Suppose the definition of this doc was written in XML Schema.  Since XML
Schema can import namespaces, couldn't a correctly qualified version of the
doc look like this:

                xmlns:a="http://simonstl.com/address">
    <a:city>Ithaca</a:city>

(note that city is a different namespace).  The idea here is that the
address element is of a type that was imported from another namespace.  I'd
include the example schemas, but I am on my way home and don't have the
time. (Now I am beginning to hope that this message makes some sense ... :)

Regardless, some of the subelements might actually be from different
namespaces.  Do you have rules for dealing with this?  Are you going to tell
me to read the documentation more carefully? :-)

Thanks,

Peter Piatko