RE: Namespaces, W3C XML Schema (was Re: ANN: SAX Filters forNamespaceProcessing)

> From: Edd Dumbill [mailto:edd@usefulinc.com]

<snip/>

> Your assertion that "[W3C XML] Schema isn't to blame" is
> wrong -- if the
> new model of document processing brought about by W3C XML
> Schema didn't
> exist, ie. the ability to imply the semantic relationship between the
> child and parent elements, then there wouldn't be a confusion.
> Personally speaking, I can't say I saw this pattern of XML usage much
> before 'Schema.

Perhaps the fact that the "elementFormDefault" attribute on the schema
element defaults to "unqualified" if not explicitly specified contributes to
this. I think one would reasonably expect the defaults to point users toward
best practices, not bad practices.