Re: ANN: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing

On 31 Jul 2001 18:14:44 -0400, Peter Piatko wrote:
> (note that city is a different namespace).  The idea here is that the
> address element is of a type that was imported from another namespace.  I'd
> include the example schemas, but I am on my way home and don't have the
> time. (Now I am beginning to hope that this message makes some sense ... :)
>
> Regardless, some of the subelements might actually be from different
> namespaces.  Do you have rules for dealing with this?  Are you going to tell
> me to read the documentation more carefully? :-)

It's possible that someone would do that, but I can't say that I've seen
it in any examples thus far.  At some point, I'm happy to tell people
that they should use XSLT instead, find the senders of such documents
with appropriate blunt instruments, or throw up their hands and outright
reject documents which use these patterns.

I'm just trying to reduce the misery here, not solve every conceivable
perverse idiot problem blessed in some way by XML Schema.