RE: ANN: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing

On 01 Aug 2001 11:07:35 -0400, David E. Cleary wrote:
> 2. Simon's insinuation that everybody who creates a document like this is an
> idiot who doesn't know what they are doing. Some probably fall into this
> category, but not all.

I don't believe I've ever insinuated that people using this pattern are
idiots.  I can't say I have kind words for those who promote this usage,
but I really don't believe that people should _have_ to worry about
things like this.

A thorough understanding of these kinds of details should not be a
prerequsite for creating or processing XML documents.  Sadly, the
current situation pretty much demands it.