RE: Namespaces, W3C XML Schema (was Re: ANN: SAX FiltersforNamespaceProcessing)

> Perhaps the fact that the "elementFormDefault" attribute on the schema
> element defaults to "unqualified" if not explicitly specified
> contributes to
> this. I think one would reasonably expect the defaults to point
> users toward
> best practices, not bad practices.

This default was probably the most contensious debate in the WG, and I would
prefer to see it changed. Unfortunatly, it is too late to do that. XML Spy
automatically sets this to qualified when you create a new schema with it's
tool. That is one way to get around this.

Dave