Re: Book that covers namespace issues?

On 01 Aug 2001 11:13:59 -0700, XML Everywhere wrote:
> I hope somebody has written or will write a book about the namespace
> issues (Simon?) because I don't have time to glean information
> from all of the emails about them.
>
> Is there such a book?

Some day, perhaps!

My _XML Elements of Style_ (McGraw-Hill, 2000) covers namespace issues
in detail, though several new issues (relative URIs,
unqualified/context-dependent) have cropped up since its publication.
Since it focused nearly exclusively on XML 1.0+Namespaces, it wasn't
difficult to give namespaces extra attention.

I've also got a presentation available at:
http://simonstl.com/articles/acminterop/interop.html

That has a healthy chunk of namespace discussion in it.

Elliotte Rusty Harold has also presented on the subject, and the current
discussion has its roots in Aaron Skonnard's presentation at the
O'Reilly Open Source Conference.