Re: Use of XML ?

I just wanted to thank everyone for their replies to my query.  It appears to have sparked off some interesting
discussion - but most of you comfirmed my original thoughts

Would it be fair to summarise that........
XML is ideal as a method of exchanging data between systems where the implementation on one of more sides is unknown,
but between co-operating systems there are other possibly more efficient methods where data can be structured
programmatically. ..... ?

Of course one of the other advantages being XML's machine and human readbility feature.

Thanks again all

Caroline