[OT] Announcements (was RE: XMLLight - What do you think?)

[...]

> Well, I just wrote my anwser to SUN's XML mailing list. But I have to
> admit that I think neither Announcements nor Cross-Postings are very
> apprechiated on XML-Dev.

Willful cross-posting always causes problems. However announcements
on XML-DEV are not a problem, so long as they include a sufficient
level of detail. Peter Murray Rust had the following to say on the
matter:

"Please can announcements of commercial software include enough
metadata (but not too much) to enable XML-DEVers to judge whether the
link is worth exploring." [1]

"The primary criteria is that any announcements
(software/conferences/jobs/books etc.) be of general interest to the
XML-DEV community." [2]

[1]. http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200005/msg00165.html
[2]. http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200005/msg00176.html

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Systems Architect       | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitate"