RE: ISO intellectual property (was Standards)

Title:
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?  As many
as want to.

What do you require of the organizations that choose your choices?

We're exploring standards, legality, authority, enforcement, etc.
People think standards have a magic or mojo, so claim authority
to make them.   What we are demonstrating is that there is
no protection from heisting, embracing, extending, anything goes.

Or does it?  Can a case be made?   Does the W3C
have the legal right to appropriate standards from other organizations
then privatize them, in effect, seizing control of information
assets globally and creating an unfair competition?

No one in ISO will do this.   Even if they were so inclined,
all they have to do is wait.   The W3C will fall.

Len

http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h