Re: [OT] Announcements (was RE: XMLLight - What do you think?)

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> I'd like to add two more criteria:
>
> 1. They should clearly specify the actual price or license. Specifying a "free demo version"...

I wasn't going to bother posting, but since this topic has shown that it has some legs, I thought I'd see if anyone cared to put forth some guidelines on conference announcements. I know to tone down the marketing and not just paste the brochure into email, but what about number and frequency of calls for papers etc? I'll be posting some soon and of course want to do the right thing...

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au
       - Einstein