RE: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing

Ronald Bourret wrote:

> ... As many threads on xml-dev have shown,
> text-based processing of XML is hazardous at best.

That doesn't _need_ to be true. For the record, I'll say this once again,
where XML Schema defaults elements to unqualified, despite the presence of a
target namespace, it just encourages bad design.

A large part of my own XML editing is done in a text editor (to the extent
that Homesite is a text editor). That includes hundreds of XSLT stylesheets.
Text editing of properly constructed XML documents is downright easy, and
ought to be. Namespaces don't get in the way of that (e.g. XSLT). On the
other hand unqualified elements are asking for trouble.

-Jonathan