Re: SAX-core #2: factories

In fact I'd probably like to go farther than just adding a
compiled-in default. JAXP has enough bootstrap flexibility,
except it returns something that's not a SAX2 parser.  It
checks four places to find the default (non-SAX) parser
class, I think it's this order:

    * system property (SAX does too) if possible
        --> per-JVM-instance defaulting
    * $(JAVA_HOME)/jre/lib/jaxp.properties
        --> installation-wide defaulting
    * META-INF/services/... resource (usually in jarfile)
        --> can vary based on thread's class loader config
              (threads' loaders may see different resources)
    * compiled-in default (this proposal adds to SAX)
        --> can also vary based on thread's class loader config
              (with different javax.xml.parsers implementations)

Only the compiled-in default can work in all configurations;
access permissions can get in the way of looking up the
default using all the other mechanisms (fragile).

Michael, are you suggesting adding the META-INF/services
support _in addition_ to a compiled-in default?  Or instead
of that?  I wonder if an installation-wide default would be
appropriate (check jaxp.properties?) and whether SAX1
ParserFactory deserves such updates (I'd assume not).

- Dave