RE: SAX-core #2: factories

I like this proposal, too. As of JDK 1.3, Sun seems to have adopted the
convention of putting a file in /META-INF/services named after the service
interface containing a list of implementation class names. This is what JAXP
does. I think adopting this approach would be great. (And although the
convention seems to have started with JDK 1.3, it does not seem to have any
inherent dependency on 1.3. JAXP just loads the appropriate files via
ClassLoader.getResourceAsStream.)