Problem with InputSource

Hi,
A member in my group encountered the following problem. She is working with
Xerces-c 1.4.

1. When trying to perform XML parsing via an InputSource Object (not from a
file but via an input stream) we do the following:

string xml("<XML><TAG>text</TAG></XML>");
MemBufInputSource source((const unsigned
char*)xml.c_str(),xml.size(),"",true);

and get an exception of 'access violation'.
We tried to copy the string to an unsigned char array and perform the
operation, but it didn't help either. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Gil