-----Original Message-----
From: David Brownell [mailto:david-b@pacbell.net]

Note the assumption there:  XML being used for highly regular
information models.  Yet I thought the real strength of XML was
in situations where such regular models were atypical ... yes, folk
from database-intensive worlds say there are few such situations,
but that doesn't match my observation.

Folk used to using an RDBMS as their hammer may view the
world as a set of nail relations, post-normalization.  I think it's
got a lot more richness than that, actually ... :)