Enumerations

Title: Enumerations

Can anyone help?

According to my reading of XML1.0, the following would be an illegal declaration:

<!ATTLIST pangolin color ( |green|blue|red) >

because enumerations must be made up of nmtokens, and a nmtoken must contain at least one namechar.

However, most parsers seem to accept this.

Anyone know if my interpretation is correct, and as a bonus question, does the same apply to enumeration facets in XSD?

John

John Anderson

CTO BarbadosoftTM  The XML Management Company
+31 (0)20 750 7582 / +31 (0)6 65 347 448 / www.barbadosoft.com

- putting the "X" in "XML" -