Re: Application Design

Hiyas,

You may laugh, but back in the day many will remember the quite considerable
lobby that maintained that DOM+Script was a better alternative to XSLT, and
as such effort shouldn't be wasted on XSL.... yes I was just as amazed by
the arguement.

For the protection of the innocent I'll leave out names =)

Cheers
    Guy.

[SNIP]
> We have found it fairly effective, though the lack of debuggers has been
> a nuisance. There is a learning process, but everyone using XML needs to
> learn XPath anyway (*please* don't tell me anyone is seriously
> programming complex transformations by using pure DOM navigation) and
> once you've go that, the rest of XSLT isn't that indigestible -
> certainly no more of a leap than going from sequential to event-based
> programming.
[SNIP]