> I would add that xslt:
>
> 1) it's not only serverside
> 2) it's the best at what it does
<snip/>
>  I'm not an xslt wizard or something
</Manos Batsis>

Becoming one may ( will ) change your
point of view on XSLT. I estimate
learning time of one year. Have you read the
XSLT programming reference by Michael Kay?
It is 'must read'. Helps to understand how many
things are hidden. To call himself xslt wizard,
one should learn much more than just 35 xslt
keywords.

What XSLT 'does' is :

<quote source=http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt>

Abstract

XSLT is designed for use as part of XSL, which is a stylesheet
language for XML.

XSLT is also designed to be used independently of XSL.
However, XSLT is not intended as a completely general-purpose
XML transformation language. Rather it is designed primarily for
the kinds of transformations that are needed when XSLT is used
as part of XSL.

</quote>

Sure, XSLT is good as part of XSL, which is stylesheet language for XML.
Sure it is the best at what it does. There is no other language designed as
part of XSL. Will XSL survive -  that's another story.

<Don Park>
If I am right, XML consultants would be doing a disservice to our clients
if we pushed XSLT-based solutions.  I have not qualified my statement
with 'unless they have in-house XSLT expertise' because, if they had
XSLT expertise in-house, they are not likely to need XML consultants
in the first place.

Sad but I see what I see.
</Don Park>

XSLT *has not been designed* for many things that  people do
with XSLT.

In my opinion:

- XML consultants, who build on complex and 'neat' XSLT stylesheets,
instead of trivial perl scripts, are sometimes doing a disservice to
their clients.

- XML consultants, who build on  brutal XSLT stylesheets, are
providing a good service to their clients.

Rgds.Paul.