RE: Namespaces Defined

Do you just mean that instead of a convention of using say
xmlns:foo="http://www.w3c.org/something"

you would use:
xmlns:foo="org.w3c.something"
?

That has the advantage that nobody expects it to be a link you can enter
in a web-browser, and expect to see something (i.e. de-reference it).
Fundamentally it is the same solution - re-using the internet domain
name system to provide unique namespaces. That is the way I look at
namespaces, and why I don't agree with the de-reference crowd.

On the other hand, are you talking about a system which works like Java
packages, where there is a hierarchy of modules?