Re: XML.COM: How I Learned to Love daBomb

> The technology is no different, practically, to CORBA. Nothing will really
change, just a new set of tools will be sold, is all :-)

In practical terms, SOAP and XML-RPC are different from CORBA because the
technology is so bare-bones that it can be understood and deployed in a
couple of hours by anyone with a modest scripting background. That's why
it's catching on. Much the same way hypertext didn't become commonplace
until HTML came along and made it so that all you had to do was put a few
files in a folder and turn the server app on, and boom, you're on the net.
Drop a script in a folder, edit your server configuration, and you're
running networked apps. Want to tweak the code a bit? No problem, it's just
a script.

With all due respect, I think this list has missed the maturation of this
technology.

It's moving forward steadily.

Want a demo of how minds work when they only see what they're expecting to
see?

Try this little puzzle [1].

There's no trick. Ninety-nine in a hundred people can't count the F's.

Now go to this page [2], and follow the links and tell me a new network
isn't building now.

Dave

[1] http://davenet.userland.com/1997/03/03/DonsAmazingPuzzle
[2] http://plant.blogger.com/api/xmlrpc_newPost.html