RE: XInclude vs SAX vs validation

A side question is : is it really possible to validate any document against
any DTD (replace with XSDL or RELAX NG or other) within a SAX pipeline ?
Shouldn't the validation module be exposed as a SAX ContentHandler, so that
we could plug it in at the stage we want in the SAX pipeline, thus resolving
your problem (it would suffice to put the XInclude processor before the
validator in the pipeline) ?

I don't really like the way validation is handeld by parsers right now. We
just have control other the fact that the parser validates or not, and
that's all. I'd like to be able to choose when the document is validated
(placing the validation as a SAX processing stage in a pipeline). I'd also
like to be able to specify an arbitrary DTD or XSDL instance or whatever to
validate against through an API, not by writing it inside the document.

Regards,
Nicolas