[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Announce] Word'97/2000 - XML bi-directional conversion
- From: Frank Shell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: email@example.com
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:00:33 -0400
International announce the first beta release of its XML conversion modules
with Document Conversion Manager v3.0.2.
XML documents are created
according to Pembroke's DTD/Schema "Document".
Using this DTD/Schema :
- XML developers can transform a proprietary
document format e.g. Word'97/2000 for use with any other XML accepting
- Authors can be abstracted from the XML process.
- Allows high quality XML content creation complete
with initial formatting and layout information, using standard desktop
- XML documents can be re-formatted against
this standard via XSLT to provide publishers with a “branded” or “corporate”
look and feel to their documents.
- Corporations need not aquire new tools, or
re-train staff - existing desktop applications can be used to
create/edit XML documents.
- Word-processed documents can be transformed
for publishing and content management systems, voice delivery systems, data
warehousing, document archiving etc.
Timetable : Final product will be ready by end September 2001.
Tel. +44 1424 200575