Re: XInclude vs SAX vs validation

>   The real question is: do people want to have the power to pick
>        just what they need from their sources

Actually, I think the real question is why that functionality has
been transplanted out of the XLink domain (where it originated).

A mechanism to #include files, replacing external parsed entities
in some typical use contexts, does not need the XPointer level
of generalization.

Link processing engines do need that, but they don't try to
present themselves as general purpose low-level tools.

- Dave