RE: "Uh, what do I need this for" (was RE: XML.COM: How I Learne d t o Love daBomb)

<mondo snip/>

You presume that transactions between web services is a good and possible
thing.  Most people think of 2 phase commit when they think transactions,
and I have serious doubts about that.  Satish Thatte wrote a good position
paper referencing this, http://www.w3.org/2001/03/WSWS-popa/paper39.  One
summary would be that 2PC doesn't for web services.

If you mean long-running or compensating transactions, then I agree that
transaction support will be required.

Cheers,
Dave