RE: Why Are Schemas Hard? (WAS RE: "Uh, what do I need this for" (wasRE: XML.COM: How I Learne d t o Love daBomb))

> look at the thread about local elements. I have strong doubts
> about the fact
> that we'll see tools that fully supports the spec one day (most of current
> tools advertise a support of a "subset" of XSDL), the crucial
> question being
> : what will be the intersection of the supported XSDL subsets of all those
> tools ?

Microsoft and Tibco-Extensibility claim full support. Oracle was very close
last report I had at the beginning of the year, and Altova just has some
bugs to work through. The subset won't be due to tools, but due to how
people end up using it.