Re: Separating content from presentation

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Kip Hampton wrote:

> The use and usefulness of separating substance from style extends well
> beyond this "gosh we hope the client does the right thing" approach.

Yep, but people have been doing this for ages, and XML doesn't help or
hinder this at all. XML as a way of seperating content and presentation
started because it was designed to split Web pages into content and
presentation, it's nothing to do with having content generating code
seperating from presentation code - that's just good programming practice,
XML or no XML.

> -kip

ABS

--