Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] XMLPDF Library for Java released

At 09:19 PM 8/27/2001 -0700, john farrow wrote:
>We are pleased to announce the release of version 1.0 of the XMLPDF library
>for Java.
>
>The preview period for this product has been completed and the first
>production version has been released.
>
>This library converts XML to PDF including support for:
>
>- complex table formatting including nested tables
>- JPEG and PNG images
>- automatic pagination of text and tables
>- text kerning
>- Type 1 and TrueType fonts including embedding
>- defining a document template in XML and merging of data from a separate
>XML source
>- server-side use in Web and Application servers
>
>A quick overview of capabilities is at <http://www.xmlpdf.com/overview.html>http://www.xmlpdf.com/overview.html.
>
>XMLPDF retails for US$ 99 per developer seat.  For information on source
>licences contact <mailto:sales@xmlpdf.com>sales@xmlpdf.com.
>
>Regards
>
>John Farrow
><mailto:john.farrow@xmlpdf.com>john.farrow@xmlpdf.com

When would one want to take this approach versus using standard
XSL:FO coupled with any of the renderers/formatters (RenderX XEP,
Antenna House XSL Formatter, or Apache FOP)?

Cheers,

Kenneth J. Hughes                                        kjh@entel.com
Entelechy Corporation                            http://www.entel.com/