RE: NewBie:Please guide!

> Dear XMLers,
>
> Please guide me..
>
> How i can pass parameters from an xml to an xslt like there
> is request.getParameter in jsps and servlets?
>
> Like i want to display the same xsl in different ways on the
> basis of a parameter, like i want the background color to be
> dark blue if the kids visit, grey if big people visit, that way?
>
> Please guide...
>
> Regards and Thanks
>
> XML Learner

Hi,

I have no worked knowledge of JSPs but I would advise you to check out
AxKit (if you're willing to do some mod_perl developments) at
http://www.axkit.org/ (although it has been down lately) and available
on CPAN. There is also Cocoon, with version 2 on the way
(http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/index.html), and it's in Java. These two
XML publishing framework might well make your life easier if you're
planning on using XML on your website. I haven't used Cocoon but AxKit
is well impressive.

By the way, there is an article comparing JSP and XSP (included in
Cocoon and AxKit) on
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/02/22/jsp_servlets.html .

Antoine