RE: Enlightenment via avoiding the T-word

In XML, the closest we have to that reference
scope is XPath+Name.   XML Namespaces
interfere with that simplicity.  To
use the closest thing XML has to a
query (not XQuery today, ok) needing
a qualified name, we have to keep up
with the namespace and that isn't simple.

Cut and paste in an editor that is only
syntax aware busts all bets.  Cut and paste
in a property-aware editor has to automatically
adjust the properties.  That isn't simple.

DOM is a little different.  If the namespace
is a DOM property (an element in the DOM always
has a namespace value even if null), then
an operation over that data has access to that
property.  Yes?  If a local name in a DOM
doesn't inherit the namespace of its container,
then that isn't simple.

What less do we dare to do here?

Maybe namespaces should be avoided or simply
treated as transient properties.  Nahh!

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.