RE: Enlightenment via avoiding the T-word

>The problem of naming seems to transcend XML applications.

Naming an elephant is easy.  Getting Adam and Eve to use
the same name is a little harder.  Getting
Cain or Abel to keep using the name Mom and
Dad agreed on eventually is harder.  Finally,
someone sits down an enumerates the Edenic names but
can't agree with the next scribe what to name
the afterEdenic names.  And so it goes through the generations
until Eden becomes Babel and some despot thinks he
needs a tower to ask God what the name of the names is
and everyone starts to work on it.

Problem is, the elephant thinks his name is Ziggy.

Appending type to columns is one way to make
scripts easier to write and debug although given IDE
automatic type checking, not as useful as
it once was.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.