RE: Enlightenment via avoiding the T-word

Okay, this is a little less hard-line than I thought.  You're saying that I
should feel free to use a <name> element in any context in the document, as
long as it is always for a name - whether it be a company's name, a person's
name, etc.

> > So I guess I am most uncomfortable with the term "best
> practice" - I don't
> > think that there is a whole lot of agreement on this issue,
> to put it
> > mildly.
>
> If you don't believe that some practises can be better than
> another, or that one
> practise has ramifications which we need to tease out in
> order to judge which
> route to take, or when to use one approach and when to take
> another, then
> what do you suggest the alternative software engineering
> approach is?
> Passively accept whatever the big stakeholders shove down our throats
> and say "thank you"?

Oh, I definitely believe in best practices, and I believe that people should
be encouraged to use them.  I'm just not on board with the idea that this is
a best practice.

David