semantic overloading

The W3C has just released a Working Draft of XML Accessibility
Guidelines:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlgl

Perhaps especially worth noting in regard to the recent namespace
discussions is this bit:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlgl#cp2_8

> If an element name may be confused, within the context of the
> document instance, then it is said to be overloaded. If each element
> name is unique within context it is easier to access the
> document semantics.

I think they mean "document instance context", given the examples which
follow.

It's some genuinely interesting stuff.

Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com