RE: semantic overloading

Yes! We rant at the W3C a lot here, but this document is clear, concise, and
obviously based on a lot of practical experience.  I'm sure the authors are
a lot more enamored of the Semantic Web than I am, but their metadata
suggestions are sensible and help illuminate the real potential of RDF.
Likewise, the suggestions for keeping markup easily processable by
script/CSS/XSLT and making it easily portable to a variety of display
devices seem like "best practice" advice that we can all take seriously.