RE: semantic overloading

I'm going to anticipate the upcoming debate here ;). Contrary to what Rick
may think (as a follow-up to the "enlightement" thread) I do agree with the
sentence "avoid semantic overloading when possible". Supporting
context-sensitive local element names does not means that I try to have as
many duplicate element names as possible when designing a schema.

Context-sensitive local elements are just a way to better handle the name
clashes that can appear when a schema evoluates, that's all.

Context-sensitiveness is also a way to allow for richer semantics. It
assumes that a single name is not sufficient to capture all possible
semantics. Sometimes, you have to embed names into other names and so on to
reflect some complex semantics. That's why XML is successfull in
representing documents or complex structures, whereas other technologies
with less possibilities for building context are less efficient.

Regards,
Nicolas