RE: Enlightenment via avoiding the T-word

Well, I'm considering to implement a validator right now. The algorithms I
have in mind for a validator or a type-associating processor are very close.
The crude vision is that when you are processing a document to associate
type to elements, if you can't find any valid type for the current element
in its context, then the document is invalid. Validation and type
association are done in the same time.

Oh, I now understand the reason why some people want unique element names :
you can associate elements to types without validating, just by looking up
in a type table. Then what we would get should not be called a PSVI (Post
Schema Validation Infoset) but a thing like TI (Typed Infoset).

But anyway, I wonder what those people are going to do with this information
thereafter, because you're trusting that your document follows a particular
schema, and don't have any proof of it. This *is not* robust. Plus, I'd be
very interested in seeing applications that process PSVIs or TIs in a
context-insensitive way. What kind of applications could it be ? Do you have
examples in mind ?

Regards,
Nicolas