Need Some Help ...............

Hi All,
           I've a question regarding XML data presentation. Actually I am searching for a way to present XML data which is Browser Independent.
           I wann to ask.... Is XSLT the only way to present XML data, which is Browser independent (We can use DOM but many methods of DOM are not working with NS or their implementation way is different then IE )?
           If yes, then can any one please give me some Book's name, or Site URL's for learning XSLT ?

           One more thing I wann to know.. Is there any tool (like XML spy) which can help us in building XSLT for a particular XML ?

With Best Regards,
Pranav Kumar
Software Engineer
Informica Inc.
www.Informica.com

"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship."