RE: Namespaces Best Practice

>Simon St.Laurent wrote:

>Mixing unqualified names with XSLT is a remarkably common
>practice, and needs to be if XSLT is going to be used to generate
>documents which don't themselves use namespaces.

Simon,

If I understand you correctly: yes it's common, but no, it doesn't need to
be. An XSLT stylesheet using nothing but fully qualified element names can
process a source document with all fully qualified names and create a result
with as little or as much use of namespaces as the stylesheet designer
wishes.

>Does there need to be an "XSLT exception" or is there some general way
>of describing this that might make sense within the context of (2)?

I guess not!

Bob DuCharme            www.snee.com/bob             <bob@
snee.com>      see http://www.snee.com/bob/xsltquickly for
info on new book "XSLT Quickly" from Manning Publications.