Re: Suggested guidelines for using local types. (was Re: Enlightenmentvia avoiding the T-word)

Fuchs, Matthew wrote:

> In other words, if one follows the best practice of:
> 1) always using a targetNamespace for your schema
> 2) always making local names unqualified

what is the advantage of this? why not simply qualify local names with the
targetNamespace?

i.e. the patterns

<template match="x:person/name"> ...

vs.

<template match="x:/person/x:name"> ...

is it that you wish to save writing the prefixed qname in the XPath
expression? yet the small savings in characters here is more than offset by
the difficulty reading the source document.

In Rick's terminology I vote for QC + QL.

Jonathan