RE: infinite depth to namespaces

At 11:46 AM 31/08/01 -0700, Fuchs, Matthew wrote:
>  While "put everything
>in a namespace" was reasonable best practice before the arrival of XSDL, the
>concretization of a notion of "local elements" (I hesitate to call it
>"formalization") - just as the Namespaces rec concretized the notion of
>"global attribute", which hadn't existed syntactically before, although
>people used them - can change what best practices can be.  And best
>practices for local elements is unqualified.

Despite having Matt has argued this position at length, consensus
has not emerged.  In discussing this issue in future, I will be
careful to point out that there are those who, unlike me, regard
unqualified local elements as a good idea.  I hope that people who
share Matt's viewpoint will be equally careful to point out that
their views are not universal.  -Tim