Re: Namespace name: better to use URN or URL?

> >> (The point has also been made that it's easier to create a unique URL than a
> >> unique URN, but I'm not convinced that that's true.)
>
> > Well, the UUID scheme would seem to contradict that.
>
> Yes, but a namespace name is essentially the name of a vocabulary, and
> something that you might expect users of that vocabulary to have to
> write.

Different issue.  I was pointing out that creating unique URNs is easy,
so if you choose not to use them, that can't be an honest justification.

Dislike for UUID syntax would be honest (I share the dislike!) though
not necessarily a good technical justification.

>     On a good day I can remember the MathML and XSLT namespaces off
> the top of my head, I doubt whether I'd ever remember a uuid based name.

In all honesty, I've seen enough typos and misremembered namespace URIs
that the single policy I trust is cut'n'paste from an authoritative source.  When
I follow that policy, it doesn't much matter if it's gobbledygook or not.

- Dave