Re: XML Public Indentifier

Interesting, thanks David. I can't say that I completely agree, but since
this has undoubtedly been discussed to death in numerous forums by now I
won't belabor the point. I'll just keep my $0.02 as they are :-).

Michael A. Rossi
Computer Sciences Corporation
856-983-4400 x4911

                    Carlisle             To:     Michael Rossi/DEF/CSC@CSC
                    <davidc@nag.c        cc:     xml-dev@lists.xml.org
                    o.uk>                Subject:     Re: XML Public Indentifier
                    01:37 PM

> Everyone seems to quick to forget that N is
> for Name, L is for Locator. If you're need is to identify something a
> (URN) usually does the trick, if your need is to locate/dereference
> something a locator (URL) seems awefully well-suited. The real question
> whether you wish to identify or locate to begin with.

Maybe they don't forget, but are just following orders from the top....