RE: XML Public Indentifier

It's a warping definition of "need".  It
seems you are saying this is all application
dependent.  I tend to agree with that but add
that preserving the option is good given that
one might want to strip the URLs, replace them
with URNs, and archive the puppy.  I am thinking
about applications that have to purge information
but might at a later time have to retrieve it
given a change of policy.

That is painful with a relational database given a
lot of keyed relationships.

RDDL is handy.  So is a catalog.  In what situation
is one to be preferred over the other?

I understand the namespace density problem
and always have.  But we can't spend two
years telling the world a namespace is just a
label then tell them it can also be a URL
in every sense of the definition.  It shocks
the monkey tree.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.