First Release of the W3C XML Schema Test Collection

We're please to announce the first public release of the W3C XML
Schema Test Collection, made possible by a substantial contribution of
tests from Microsoft.  Both positive and negative expected outcomes
are tested with respect to a range of core XML Schema features.

You can find the current state of this release at
  http://www.w3.org/2001/05/xmlschema-test-collection/results-master.html

The home page for the W3C XML Schema Test Collection is at
  http://www.w3.org/2001/05/xmlschema-test-collection/

In keeping with our overall policy, we present the tests in a standard
form which tabulates, without ratifying, the test materials, a brief
description, and the outcomes for each one expected by the
contributor.  We also include the first of what we hope will be
many outcome tabulations for a publically available XML Schema
processor.

The test materials are available for download as a single package, see
the home page for a pointer.

We already have a further contribution in hand, from NIST, which will
be released shortly, and would _very_ much welcome contributions from
other sources!  We're also working to make it easy to contribute
results from other available processors.

Oriol Carbo
Henry S. Thompson
--
                     www-xml-schema-tests@w3.org