Re: Sun and independent developers

Matthew, WebBroker was an attempt to pre-empt XML-RPC. We invited his
company to participate, he didn't like what we were doing, so he NIH'd us.
We went ahead anyway. They got a bunch of press, but not much developer
support. Look at where XML-RPC is today [1], 46 implementations and an
active developer community. There's more to building compatible software
than getting a proposal up on the W3C website. Dave

[1] http://www.xmlrpc.com/directory/1568/implementations