Re: Client-side XSLT. Re: Bad News on IE6 XML Support

> > So could *you* please tell me when I we can start
> > counting? I mean is *current* client-XSLT mature
> > enough to be called a 'technology' ?
>
> Start counting with the release of IE 6.  Two components: specification
> (there for some time), widely available, relatively spec-conformant
> implementation (available with IE 6).

OK, I agree. Now let us see in one year from now how many pages
on the web will provide client-side XSLT ? ( By the way, even
people do *talk* about 'selectiors' on the servers, that are
redirecting XSLT-not-aware client to the 'another branch',
neither Chris, nor Jeni have it *implemented*. Their sites
support MSIE with XSLT *only*. I mean you can not acccess the
*same* URL with diffrent browsers and get something in *any*
case.

I should point out that it was *not*  so with JavaScript
and frames.

> > You can not say : "it is a technology" and in the
> > next sentence say  : "well, it is a preview , so
> > don't compare it to the other technologies".
>
> I was simply saying that the default "XSLT" with IE 5 was not XSLT.

I agree. *However*, those, who were using it was claiming that
"XSLT on client side it already here!!! Look at that!!!"

This client-side XSLT is such a fuzzy thing, actually.

Rgds.Paul.