RE: storing xml files into database

Interesting ... Is this a technique that end-users can use to normalize a
specific XML schema into a form suitable for practical RDBMS storage, or is
it a  technique that vendors (such as B-Bop?) use to develop middleware?
Also, are you just asserting that this technique exists (i.e., the details
are your trade secret), or is this technique public  knowledge?

If public knowledge, it would be interesting to compare your technique to
the Monet system
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/xml/Reports/Monet_report/monet_report.html

(Uhh, is this getting to DB-nerdy?  I would sympathize with a motion to move
the discussion to xmldb@xmldb.org ... on the other hand, since this list
tolerates discussions of haiku, ecology, legal arcana, and post-medieval
ontology, I sortof hope it's not considered off-topic!).