Re: storing xml files into database

Hi Chris,

Yes, B-Bop's Xfinity server can (and does) evaluate queries
across large document collections as a single operation.
The query performance cost of increasing the collection size
is typically on the order of O(log n).

We do node level indexing. Attribute values and
PCDATA text is indexed, with the limitation Chris Maden
mentioned. Our currently shipping version, does not
include a full-text, inverted word index.

For the kind of application with a single, very stable, data
oriented schema, the "table-per-element-type" approach might
get you faster query results.

If you're not running queries across documents or assembling
fragments from many documents, a "BLOB" approach will give
you better space utilization.

I'm comfortable with our technology's ability to store, index,
query and faithfully reconstruct any well formed documents
(or document fragments).

Bill Lindsey
B-Bop