RE: storing xml files into database

Chris:

I'm curious, is B-Bop able to do cross-document XPath queries?  I'm
curious if they've got that working.  This is what most of our customers
want to do and they want to do it over thousands of documents.  Do they
do node level indexing, especially word indexing (for word searches) on
individual text nodes?

If someone (or some company) actually gets the XML data model to work
really well for any arbitrary XML document on top of the relational data
model, I will be very impressed (and will buy stock in whoever does it
;->).  What I've found is that such a model works for a subset of XML
documents, but tends to fail on other sets.  Our goal is to work well
with ANY XML document, as long as it is well-formed.  And so far, we've
been able to do that pretty darn well ;->

Thanks for the feedback,
Chris

Chris Parkerson
Product Manager