Re: IE6 doesn't like comments

Did you have the proper DOCTYPE declaration to signal to IE6 that this is
XHTML ?

<comment> was an HTML element once upon a time used to indicate comments (I
don't recall in which HTML version, it may have been proprietary).

If your HTML document does not signal that it's XHTML through the DOCTYPE
declaration, then IE6 interprets according to whatever convoluted
backwards-compatability rules it uses.

-Wayne Steele