[xml-dev] ie6

I am quite a newbiw to xml so this might seem a stupid question

i am currently using ie5.5 and it is able to do xml and also is able to
handle xslt, but the problem i am having is that ie doesn't recognise XPATH
espressions like sum and count, etc.
e.g when i us the expression '<xsl:value-of select="count(//title)"/>' it
comes up with the error 'unknown command'

i don't know if it is just me or if ie5.5 can't handle this yet? and if so
does ie6 deal with this problem

thanks

ian